The Boltus is primarily based on the 1981 Ford F-2350 (7th generation). It has a raised chassis, being perfect for off-road use, its main structure features a missing bed cap, and a large bull-bar covering the front grill and fascia, its headlights are large and square. The sides feature carbon sides raising up the rear of the cab, and small mirrors. The base holds side steps and skirts.
It is reasonably fast for its weight and size. It can gather speed quickly as well. Its durability is actually quite good as well, however, rebound is common on collision.
(mph / km/h)
- Shell Shock - Appears as the ammo vehicle. Always has a red paint job.
- 1978 Era
- Does not spawn in the 1978 Era.
- Can be seen driving around if the player has completed the game, and drives the vehicle in the 1978 Era using the Era Change feature.
- Can also be done if the player uses the "all vehicles" cheat and drives the vehicle in the 1978 Era.
- 2006 Era
- The Boltus in the beta was named "Safari". In the vehicles list the line "00_safari" exists and there isn't any name "boltus". "00" stands for a 2006 era vehicle and given the fact that every other 2006 era vehicle has its in-game name (except the BX-9 being "Albion", the Torrex being "Nomad" and Saxon being "Challenger"), it can be assumed that the "Safari" is the Boltus.