The overall shape and design of the Zartex resembles the 1977 Dodge Diplomat, used by the NYPD in the 1970s in real life. Reflecting the New York Police Department's color scheme of the 1970s, the car sports a light blue base color with a white livery and additional emblems and lights. A white stripe runs down either belt-line (side) of the car, and at the rearmost and front-most points, the vehicle identification number is marked, again in white. "New York Police" emblems are found on each front door, appearing as a golden 6-pointed star with blue markings in the center. On the trunk, "POLICE" is again marked in white. Everything above the belt line features a white scheme; all the pillars and the roof are painted white. The rear lighting units consist of rear lights, braking lights, reverse lights in the center and turning signals on the outer. The front is mad up of a trapezium-shaped grille and large twin-headlamps enclosed in one glass unit. Both the front and the rear feature yellow license plates.
The vehicle is a good pick for speed and maintaining it. It has good handling, but is slightly weak for head on collisions, it is able to reach top speeds very quickly, and is powered by a V8 engine, and a rear-wheel-drive train.
(mph / km/h)
|4-speed manual gearbox||V8||3.3 Seconds||120 mph (193.1 km/h)|
- 1978 Era
- Spawns all over the map, driven by the New York Police Department.
- Will respond in the vicinity if the player commits a crime.
- Spawns on a corner of the Airport entrance, where it will be permanently stationary.
- 2006 Era
- Does not spawn in the 2006 Era.
- Can be driven by the player in the 2006 Era by using the Era change feature, however, it will not spawn on the streets.
- The picture above shows the beta Zartex, this had a red and blue light bar, the final version has the more classic spinning bulb lights.
- This was probably done to make it seem more realistic, as LED light bulbs weren't used in the 1970's.
- The license plate on this vehicle will read "
- Two Zartexs are seen in the introductory scene when loading the game, chasing a red Cerrano.
- In the PC version, the Zartex shares its siren with the SWAT Van and the Prison Van.
- This vehicle shares its rim design with the Wayfarer and Wayfarer Turbo.
- The Zartex reuses the model from Driv3r's "Miami Police Car", with changes made to the grille and light bar.